What are Dental Implants?
Dental Implants are the artificial tooth that are surgically positioned into the jawbone beneath your gums. Dental implants are the long term solution for people who suffer from the falling teeth or any other dental problems.
What is dental implant surgery?
Dental Implant Surgery is a procedure to fix and replace teeth by artificial teeth which exactly look and function like real ones. Dental implant surgery can offers an alternative to dentures or bridgework that doesn’t fit well.
Why it’s done?
Dental implants are surgically placed in your jawbone, where they serve as the roots of missing teeth. Because the titanium in the implants fuses with your jawbone, the implants won’t slip, make noise or cause bone damage the way that fixed bridgework or dentures might. And the materials can’t decay like your own teeth that support regular bridgework can.
To receive implants, one should
- Have missing teeth
- Have a fully grown jawbone
- Have extra bone to secure the implants
- Have oral tissues
- Lack having health conditions that will affect bone healing
- Are not willing to wear dentures
- Want to improve their speech
4 Top Oral Care Tips for IMPLANTS
Smile loud by following these simple tips to make your implant last for longer time.
- Practice good oral hygiene – brush twice daily and floss once daily. Use brushes that slide between teeth called as interdental brushes, which can help to reach areas around your implant and clean hard.
- Quit smoking – smoking weakens the bone structure and can contribute to failure of implant.
- Visit your dentist – to help your implants stay in good condition to visit your dentist half yearly for cleanings and exams.
- Avoid chewing on hard foods – hard items like ice can break the crown and your natural teeth,so avoid chewing.
Annapolis Dental Center uses the latest and advanced techniques of IMPLANT which replaces missing teeth and provides you the best Smiles on your face. For Best Dental implants treatment in Annapolis, Maryland contact Annapolis Denter Center.
Call now and Book a Dental implant consultation with Annapolis Dental Center.